Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nassau

Derick and I took a cruise to the Bahamas in October (a late celebration of our anniversary). We had a great time! Because I have so much catching up to do, I will just post some pics and give a brief description.
Derick standing in front of our ship

Sites from our tour

Typical Street Market

Looking down from the top of the Queen's Staircase

We found Zion at the bottom!!!

Dy in front of the waterfall (Queen's Staircase)

Derick in front of the waterfall

Derick always tells people to call us the Double D's (which I don't like) so I had to take a picture of this restaurant as we passed by

Celebrity homes on Paradise Island

I would be remiss if I didn't include a pic of the home Anna Nicole Smith lived in

And the hospital where her baby girl was born, and her son died

Lobby of Atlantis Hotel/Resort on Paradise Island

The bottom floor is a huge aquarium

Private beach at Atlantis

An example of the homes that are not on Paradise Island

Light house as you enter the harbor

I guess the steward thought I missed my dogs

The ice sculpture on board. This started out as a swan, but the neck broke. So, without any hesitation, the sculptor changed it into an eagle.

It was fun to have a few days to ourselves, but we are looking forward to taking the kids next time. We ate ourselves silly, but it was oooohhhhhh so good! Zayn would be in heaven.

No comments: